SOLVED

Quick Question on Islands mode.

Brass Contributor

Ok so here it is.  I have a customer who is migrating to teams only from islands mode.  Teams only users are able to receive IM messages from islands users sent from Sfb and he then returns them without issue and the islands users recieve the IM in skype.  I have been advised this should not be possible.  I believe that it is only when the SfB user sends a chat first that makes uninterrupted chat possible.. If the Teams only user was to initiate the conversation it would then seek to land in the islands user's Teams client....   Sorry if this doesnt make sense but is my thinking correct?

1 Reply
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

@BenRooke If a Islands user send a message from SfB to a Teams only user, then the answer from the Teams user will arrive in SfB client. That is correct since it is a ongoing conversation.

But if a Teams only user start a new conversation with an Islands user the message will arrive in the Teams client for the Islands user.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

@BenRooke If a Islands user send a message from SfB to a Teams only user, then the answer from the Teams user will arrive in SfB client. That is correct since it is a ongoing conversation.

But if a Teams only user start a new conversation with an Islands user the message will arrive in the Teams client for the Islands user.

View solution in original post