Question about Microsoft Teams from GIANTSTEP Korea

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I'm miel-Shin, one of the VFX Coordinator at GIANTSTEP, a post-production studio located in Seoul, Korea.

We were using [Microsoft-Teams] to communicate with the client of the on-going project.

However, I am no longer able to access the stuff that I used to use.
I've received a pop-up message saying that I need to request an activation from the administration.

So I informed this matter to the client. They said they already have extended the dates for accessibility, and it's up to us to activate the access.

I think someone in our company have made the admin account for [Microsoft-Teams] in the past, but no one remembers nor have a record of the account.

So right now, I cannot create/sign-in a new account to Teams using our company's account because I don't have the admin account information. And this make it impossible for me to communicate with client.

Therefore, I need a solution from you guy.
1) Microsoft inform me the initial account information that ends with "@giantstep.co.kr",
2) OR delete the initial admin account, allow the "miel.shin@giantstep.co.kr", "sodam.ok@giantstep.co.kr" to be able to activate the access by itself,

3) OR delete all the giantstep account, and our technical department will process with a new [Microsoft-Teams] registration with the company's official account.GIANTSTEP is very concerned about current situation where we are not being able to have the smooth communication with client through Teams.

I look forward to your quick feedback.

Please reply me back as soon as possible.

Thank you.

Sincerely,
Miel Shin

P.S. My email account is <miel.shin@giantstep.co.kr>.

1 Reply

First thing you need to check is whether this is a FREE Teams organization, or Teams as part of Microsoft 365. For the former, you might be able to "takeover" the existing org as detailed here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/enterprise-users/domains-admin-takeover

If you are using Teams as part of Microsoft 365 and have lost access to the admin account, you will have to call support and ask them to escalate another user to admin.