Question about dictation for Microsoft Teams wherever you would normally have to type

Copper Contributor

Hello, let's say that your team has an employee in it that finds it increasingly having difficulty using a keyboard due to a medical condition. 

In this situation the employee would rather be able to talk to type (dictation) in Microsoft Teams anywhere they would normally have to type (in chats, Team Channel discussions, etc).

I am trying to find out if this is available but most of the articles online about this are talking only about during a Microsoft Meeting (also some articles about dictating directly within Word).

Is this available for Microsoft Teams?

Our organization uses MacOS for our operating system for all of our computers if that is important to know.

5 Replies
Hello MattPugh, did you find any answers? I am looking for the same but didn’t find an answer yet.
Greetings from Berlin

@Laserstar 

This is really an operating system question, both Windows and MacOS have great options that allow speech control and dictation into any app.

Use Voice Control on your Mac – Apple Support

@Steven Collier I am not on Mac, I am asking for Windows. I am working on a thinkPad x390... 

Thank you Steve! That was the answer I was looking for! 👍🏾8)