Publishing Content From Another SharePoint Site to Teams

MVP

Publishing SharePoint Online content to Teams is a great way to make users aware of important information. The standard SharePoint web part makes it easy to publish content from the site belonging to a team. Things are a little more difficult when you want to publish content to a team from a different site. Fortunately the website tab comes to the rescue.

https://office365itpros.com/2019/12/12/publish-sharepoint-content-teams/

8 Replies
Works on web, desktop client just spins unfortunately.

@Chris Webb Given that the desktop client is the web client with a wrapper, it should work. It does for me....

You would think, but it doesn't. Couple other MVP's said same thing trying this as well with desktop, but web is working. If you use the URL it works as well, but Teams is just spinning for me with a loading circle when trying to inject the Teamslogon piece.

@Chris Webb Have you tried turning the computer off and on again?

Or logging out of Teams (I'm serious about this) to make sure that your cached credentials haven't expired.

Yeah, everything same result. Are you on a Mac or PC Desktop?

@Chris Webb PC.

I know that this is a workaround. I also know that it's a workaround that's successfully used in many large deployments, including Microsoft. There's gotta be something simple here. What's upsetting is that a link works in one client and not in another. That's just odd.

What I've gathered as this is a new thing, with this method not working now, as it was used in the past. The bad thing is, you would think that SharePoint would just automatically know to do this in the website tab of Teams :).

@Chris Webb And the technique works with the mobile client too. Here's the link I used in the article as seen in the iOS client just now.

Teams iOS Client with SPO Link.jpeg