Publish SharePoint News to Teams channels

Iron Contributor

Hi - I am in the process of planning a formal News structure in our SharePoint Online environment with a central News communication site and vertical column web parts added to each Team site subscribed to the relevant articles.

All works fine and dandy in SharePoint but we have recently rolled out Teams across the business and I would like to publish the News articles to the relevant Teams for the team sites.

The News Connector in Teams is not suitable as it only shows News created on the relevant team site whereas our articles are being published on the central site. Is there any way I can get these articles to automatically post to the General Channel on Teams? Grateful for any suggestions!

2 Replies
What about creating a Power Automate Flow that every time a news is published, it publish it to Teams?

@Juan Carlos González MartínThanks - just looking at Power Automate. Is there a connector for News? So far the best I've made is 'When a file is created in a folder' set the folder to Site Pages and then 'Post a Message V3' which doesn't copy the News article itself.

Thanks.