PTSN Microsoft Department Broke our phone numbers now other Microsoft Department can't fix it

Steel Contributor

We ported over 4 numbers to Teams then assigned them to our users.  Was working great for 3 days until the Porting Teams, for some reason unknown to me, emailed me and told me they UNASSIGNED the numbers then said I had to reassign them.  When I said that didn't work, they said I had to call support to fix it as it's now out of his "scope" even though he caused the issue.  

Whatever they did now causes the users to see the number assigned but under Voice Phone numbers they show  unassigned and we cannot assign them.  Not only that but the numbers don't work anymore and we cannot make or receive phone calls.  3 cases to Microsoft and no one has fixed it and keep getting the run around.  I even had a promised callback but now they're refusing to call me back and just keep sending documents.  

We have been down for 7 days and cannot get anyone to fix this.  

One guy sent me a PS script but it doesn't work.

Set-CsOnlineVoiceUser -Identity {the users email address} -TelephoneNumber {The users Phone Number} 

Other than never using our phones again, what do we do?  I have yelled so much today and multiple people, created multiple cases, requested managers, yet no one will fix this.  

1 Reply
Hello,

Few steps I would recommend for the user facing the issue.

1. Unassign the Microsoft Phone System License for the user. Keep the license unassign for 24hrs the number will automatically be removed from the user account
2. After 24hrs run the below command and see
Get-CsOnlineUser -Identity Email Address and check the Output
If the Number is still reflecting
3. I am 100% sure the number will not be reflecting as this would be treated as a New User for Teams Voice and re-provisioning needs to be done .
4. If the number is still reflecting in the user account that means the account is stuck in provision and we need to ask the MSFT backend team to fix the issue for the user.

Let me know in case the issue still persists. Happy to assist you.

With Regards,
Satish U