SOLVED

PSTN Call transfer ends call - Direct Routing

Copper Contributor

Currently running Ribbon SBC 2K setup for Teams direct routing.

If Party A (external caller) calls Party B (Teams user) and Party B attempts to transfer the call, the call in Teams drops / ends, before any number is dialled (Transfer keypad appears for approx 1 second).  Party A call remains up.

However in the reverse, if Party B (Teams user) calls party A (external caller), the call can be transferred.  The transfer dialogue remains open so a number can be inserted.

Teams client and Ribbon SBC all at latest versions and any calls placed on hold can be resumed without incident.

2 Replies
Do you have a copy of the SIP trace in both directions? I've seen similar when a SIP INVITE is sent to Teams during the middle of a call, causing Teams to drop the call.
best response confirmed by daveaus (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@jangliss 

That was the really strang part.  I wasn't receiving any INVITE, REINVITE or even BYE.  The call would stay up as far as SBC is concerned.  Anyway I Enabled Hold Music on Teams SG on the Ribbon SBC.  This has fixed the issue even though calls on hold were never at fault.

Thanks for the response though! 

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by daveaus (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@jangliss 

That was the really strang part.  I wasn't receiving any INVITE, REINVITE or even BYE.  The call would stay up as far as SBC is concerned.  Anyway I Enabled Hold Music on Teams SG on the Ribbon SBC.  This has fixed the issue even though calls on hold were never at fault.

Thanks for the response though! 

View solution in original post