SOLVED

Profile Pictures of other users not downloading onto Teams desktop app (Win 10)

Copper Contributor

I am running Windows 10 Enterprise version 2004 (build 19041.508) with the Microsoft Teams desktop app version 1.3.00.21759 (64 bit).

The profile pictures of other users, and the pictures used to identify Teams are not downlaoding to my Teams desktop app when signed in with my account.

I've tried signing out/back in, I've tried uninstalling Teams, clearing local app data and clearing roaming app data then reinstalling Teams, I've also tried checking for Windows updates and Dell driver updates.

Using my account in the android app or through the web works fine.

Using my colleagues account on my PC works fine if he signs into Teams.

Using my account on my colleagues PC does not load profile pictures if I log into Teams.

Notably my account has the "New conversation" button, but my colleagues still has the old new conversation text box... so possible my account is on some preview version??

2 Replies
Very possible that it could be a bug. If others don’t respond by tomorrow I’ll have a coworker check theirs. I don’t have the button either and don’t notice an issue.
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution
Co Workers are not seeing the issue and they have New Convo button build. This one seems odd. Your best bet is probably submitting support request via admin center.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution
Co Workers are not seeing the issue and they have New Convo button build. This one seems odd. Your best bet is probably submitting support request via admin center.

View solution in original post