Problems with Teams e-mail

Copper Contributor

if I schedule a meeting in teams and send the invitation by email, no email can be sent back to me. The recipient will then see the following email address: email address removed for privacy reasons. This is not my email address. My email address is a yahoo address. how can this problem be solved

1 Reply

Hi @Helena1965 ,

If you schedule a meeting in Microsoft Teams and send the invitation by email, but you're not receiving any email responses, you can try the following troubleshooting steps:

1. Check the recipient's email address:
- Double-check the email address of the recipient to ensure it's entered correctly.
- Verify that the recipient's email account is active and able to receive emails.

2. Check your email settings and spam folder:
- Make sure your email account's settings allow incoming emails.
- Check your email account's spam or junk folder to see if the responses were marked as spam.

3. Verify the recipient's email settings:
- Ensure that the recipient's email account is configured correctly to receive meeting invitations.
- The recipient may need to check their email account settings or consult their IT administrator if there are any specific configurations required for receiving meeting invitations.

4. Confirm the email delivery status:
- Check the "Sent Items" or "Outbox" folder in your email client to verify if the meeting invitation was sent successfully.
- If the meeting invitation is not present in the sent items or outbox, try resending the invitation.

5. Verify the email client compatibility:
- Ensure that the email client used by the recipient is compatible with meeting invitations from Microsoft Teams.
- Different email clients may handle meeting invitations differently, and some clients may not fully support the functionality.

6. Check with the recipient:
- Reach out to the recipient directly and inquire if they received the meeting invitation.
- If they haven't received the invitation, ask them to check their email settings and spam folder, as well as any email security or filtering systems in place.

7. Test with different recipients:
- Schedule a meeting and send invitations to different email addresses to see if the issue is specific to certain recipients or email domains.
- This can help determine if there are any specific factors affecting the delivery of invitations to certain recipients.

8. Contact Microsoft support:
- If the issue persists and none of the above steps resolve the problem, it's recommended to contact Microsoft support for further assistance.
- They can investigate any potential issues related to email delivery from Microsoft Teams and provide specific guidance based on your situation.

Remember to provide details about the steps you've taken, the email client being used, and any error messages or indicators of the problem when contacting support.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved

If you like my response, please give it a Like :smile:

Appreciate your Kudos! Proud to contribute! :)