SOLVED

Problems with missing files overnight in teams

Brass Contributor

We've lost access to all our files stored in Teams having logged in this morning. We can't access the SharePoint back end, and we assume it is related to the issues MS has around ADD last night. All the teams file have gone.   Does the community have the same issue, or who at MS can help investigate this issue affecting the free version of Teams. We are a charity and hence where using this free version to continue working.  Please Please help.

78 Replies
Hi Sam, sadly this hasn't worked for me either, I'll DM you.
Thank you so much for the help. Our organisation got full access to all files and sharepoint.
Hi Sam, problem persists. I'll DM you my TenantID.
Hi Sam
I am praying you can help me, we have the same issue and havent been able to access Teams files since Tuesday. i have sent you my Tennant ID.
I completely understand. My goal is to ensure that all scenarios for Freemium tenants are understood before they create large impact so I'll take notice of how we missed this and ensure this doesn't happen again. I'm glad to know that your Teams Free files are back up and running!
Hi Sam i have tried logging out/logging back in etc-the main problem i can see is that when i log into microsoft 365 admin centre and then Teams admin centre it says this error; Error code: FAILED_TO_AUTO_DISCOVER_DOMAIN and when i go to sharepoint admin centre it says can't reach this page-i have sent you my Tennant ID i would be so grateful if you can look into this further for me please.
Hi Sam, I've logged out and in again and still have the same problem - it still says the specified list is invalid. I've DM'd you my tenant number. Like many others this is causing considerable issues, I'm a volunteer with a small charity and we have all our files on Teams, so we haven't been able to do anything since Tuesday.
Sam has managed to resolve my issue, for which i am extremely grateful and can now access my files, I hope you all have joy with accessing your files soon.xx

Hi @Sam Cosby 

Access to my files has been partially restored. However, I keep getting this error message: "Error Couldn't load your files. Let's try again." I'm not sure if all of my files are there or not.

Hey Kevin - do you see the same thing now? We've restored DNS to your SharePoint so this problem should now be resolved. Please sign-out/sign-in and validate if you can.
Sign-out/sign-in eliminated the error message! Thank you!!!
Hi everyone - just wanted to do a quick temperature check.. We believe we've mitigated the issue for all but want to be sure that there isn't anyone else out there still running into this issue. If you are, please DM me.
You solved my problem, me and my team can access files again! Many thanks!
Amazing, solving these issues for the Teams free users is a very nice gesture of you (and the Teams team). Well done! :star:
Sam! I have signed out/signed back in and nothing appears to have changed! I have dmed you my Azure ID.
I have DM'd Sam the Azure ID for my group because we still have no file access for our Team. Thanks Sam, if you can restore those precious files. Will there be a broader fix for this problem eventually?
Hi Sam, We have all the time problems accessing files in MS Teams (no SharePoint).
My Azure ID is: f972c226-d5c0-4400-b347-3e1a54f1ab83.
Please, help us. Kris
Elo, From today, everything has returned. There is access to files. Finally. If that's you Sam Cosby (@Sam Cosby), thank you so much. 
@zarbi75 
Hi everyone - I confirmed that all tenants should now be resolved from this issue as there were a few lingering tenants that may have still had this issue throughout the week. If you're still seeing issues, please sign-out/sign-in and validate if there's anything wrong and if so, please DM me.