SOLVED

Problems with logging into TEAMS via google calender

Copper Contributor

Hi, i'm having issues trying to connect my teams account with my google calender. I just want to be able to make a meeting like i do with google meets. i just want to use teams instead. 

This is the message i get:
"The selected user account does not exist in the tenant 'Microsoft Services' and cannot access the application '7969c887-ba98-48bb-8832-6c9239929d7c' in this tenant. The account must first be added as an external user in the tenant. Use a different account."

1 Reply
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution
Hello, Teams uses Exchange so if you don't have an Exchange mailbox it won't be possible. You would have to synchronize your Google calendar objects to your Outlook calendar (Exchange) and then they would turn up, but not by using Google calendar only.

Another alternative is to set up a Teams free org. and use that as it doesn't require an Exchange mailbox, meaning the scheduling procedure and behavior differs from the full Teams experience involving Exchange/Outlook but still very usable.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution
Hello, Teams uses Exchange so if you don't have an Exchange mailbox it won't be possible. You would have to synchronize your Google calendar objects to your Outlook calendar (Exchange) and then they would turn up, but not by using Google calendar only.

Another alternative is to set up a Teams free org. and use that as it doesn't require an Exchange mailbox, meaning the scheduling procedure and behavior differs from the full Teams experience involving Exchange/Outlook but still very usable.

View solution in original post