problems with desktop sharing and some clicks are not recognised

Brass Contributor

Hi guys,

Desktop sharing has a very annoying problem where I cannot click on certain items on a remote session, for example I cannot open chrome new tabs, but I can manipulate and close existing ones.

Several times there are parts of the remote session I cannot click/control, and the remote user ends up having issues as well when controlling their computer and someone else is doing a remote session. The user ends up not able to click on certain things on the screen.

Can this be investigated as it seems like a proper bug?

Thanks

3 Replies
Hi @alexb2420,

You can raise bugs here

https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public?category_id=205564

This is a recurrent theme here on the Tech Community and we’ve seen it several times before. More than likely there will probably be existing bugs raised.

However, a lot of organisations are trying to use the desktop sharing in Teams like they would use TeamViewer for the remote management of Desktops. Unfortunately it’s far away from that at the moment - if it ever will be. Beyond the sharing of content I wouldn’t say it has great performance at the current time.

So very much a grey area unfortunately!

Best, Chris

@Christopher Hoard Thanks, I thought uservoice was more for suggestions and not necessarily technical issues. Desktop sharing for me works as presentation platform and also assisting people in my organisation to do their work. It helps me a lot training people, fixing issues, etc... I think if Microsoft neglects that requirement would be a shame as the product is excellent. Indeed teams can do some of the roles a teamviewer like solution does, but the scope of work is a bit different as we want to use it internally only.

Cheers.

For sure - there is a big demand it. See this uservoice for example

https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/18633898-remote-support-via-mi...

Would vote on this one to push it up the agenda. As well as raising as a bug in the uservoice area I would perhaps consider raising to Microsoft on a ticket - I probably would just for information and to understand the limitation.

Hope that has answered your question!

Best, Chris