Problem with meeting start and end times in Microsoft Teams

Copper Contributor

It's been two days that I have been trying to schedule new meetings for my classes in Microsoft Teams and whenever I am trying to set specific start time and end time for every meeting, the time changes by default to every 30 mins. For instance, when I want to enter manually 09:10 a.m. for start time, it changes into 09:00 a.m. Also, when I try to set the end time 45 mins after start time, it changes automatically to 30 mins after start time. This is a new problem for me. I had never faced that before, until two days ago.

What should I do to fix this problem?

16 Replies

@gmdoun Hi, same behavior in the desktop app and Teams online? https://teams.microsoft.com 

Any difference if you sign out manually to refresh settings? (top right corner). Are you using the Outlook client? If so, would you mind verifying the behavior when scheduling a Teams meeting using the Teams Outlook add-in located in the menu bar.

@ChristianBergstrom Yes same behaviour both the app and the browser.

When I use the Outlook add-in, I am allowed to schedule a meeting any date and time I want, but when I try to edit the time schedule via Teams calendar, the behaviour is eaxactly the same as before. I still cannot edit start and end times manually. Might that be a bug or sth?

@gmdoun Hi, first time I've heard of this issue. I thought you would reply saying "all good online" but apparently not :) Perhaps you need to open a support ticket for this. Are you an admin? Otherwise ask IT to assist with that. Let me know how it goes!

@gmdoun I am having the EXACT same issue. It was fine on Friday and today I cannot set a specific time, it reverts to a 30min interval. Outlook lets me, but neither the online nor the desktop application let me.

@MHamble Hi, must be related to a recent service degradation. Try opening a support ticket with Microsoft.

@gmdoun 

Here is the workaround I found:

Type a "Exact 12-hr format" time

eg, I want to schedule a meeting at 13:33

"1333" or "13:33" doesn't work .  It only accept "13:33 PM"   (a space before PM)

Capture - 2021-02-03 12_27_00-Microsoft Teams.png

@HW_Leung  It worked! I always typed it exact, but without a space between the time and the AM/PM.

@HW_Leung That worked! The ridiculous thing is that we're on 24-hour time, but I still had to type "09:15 AM" to get it to accept 9:15 as the end time for my meeting instead of 9:30.

This is obviously a bug, but I know from experience that logging a support ticket will just get you a support engineer that tells you it's a known issue and that you can vote for it somewhere. And then nothing will be done about it. That is the low standard of quality Microsoft has sunken to, unfortunately. And as long as corporates keep blindly buying their crap, it will only get worse.

I'm glad I found this thread today! We have the same issue here

The strange thing is that I can set any time in the format "HH:MM" (as it is originally displayed) and it accepts all entries. However, several colleagues found that the time was automatically adapted to a 30-min interval (or 60 etc.). For them, the trick mentioned above to enter with the added " AM/PM" worked. The AM or PM text then vanishes because their clients are set to a 24-hour display for times.

We all have the same settings as far as I know, and our times do not show AM/PM by default. I don't know why only I have the ability to do it directly in the desktop client. We all run the same desktop version of Teams too. One colleague found that making the request online via his browser worked correctly though.
Same issue here.

In the apps the users can only use the 30-minute interval. (already deleted cache Teams)
It occurs on older versions of MS Teams and also on the newest one.
In the browser there are no issues.

@frans-wtax Well, being the optimist I submitted a support ticket anyway. I'm happy to report:

Our engineering team is aware of the situation and working towards a solution.  [...] The issue reported is expected to be (fixed) by next quarter (October - December 2022). 

So hopefully, the bug isn't long for this world.

Worked for me as well. Thanks for the tip.
I have used alot of time on this issue.
What work for us is instead of writing 13:37 you can write 13.37 instead.
So use "." instead of ":"
It's been years since this question was asked, yet I am experiencing the same problem. I've tried all the suggestions, yet the issue persists online and in the app. I logged out and back in, I used the correct format (15:15 PM), tried replacing : with . with no success. On the verge of tearing out my hair

@CaraNutt - I used the scheduling assistant in teams instead - the other solutions weren't working for me either.