SOLVED

Problem to save file/image to the file tab of a channel on IOS RRS feed

Copper Contributor

My organisation have been facing an issue for few weeks on Microsoft Teams for iOS.

If we open the app, go to Teams, icon, select a channel then go to file. 
you have the option to add a file or an image. If we try we get the folowing error

InkedMicrosoftTeams-image (1)_LI.jpg

All of our users we have tested with have this issue. Android seems fine...
version 2.0.15 and 2.0.16.
we have some mam policy but I excluded myself and the problem is still there.

What's really weird is I can send an image in the chat section without any problem... so it's not an issue to access the file itself and on pc I can upload file no problem to the channel...

Best Regards,

6 Replies
Cannot reproduce. Are you Clicking + Add there and it errors immediately or are you trying to select file or the image / video option then error?

Hi @Chris Webb 
I click on "+", then I can select File or Image/Video, I can browse my files. When I select one I see it's doing something before the upload then the error.
I tried with another tenant (a test tenant) and it's the same behavior.
What's really weird is that with android, same user and same folder, it's working!

best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution
Got to be something MDM related and file permissions there on iOS somehow. Since it's obvious that's the only factor here since it works android and desktop. Wondering if your exception you added to your device didn't "Undo" a change it might have made. Guessing you don't have access to a virgin phone?

Hi @Chris Webb 
That's what I was thinking too, we have two MDM (currently in the process to migrate to inTune) and it's doing the same ... I'm gonna try to find an iPhone that is not bound to any mdm...

We have the same problem. The iPads are not managed through an MDM. Did you solve this?

I have contacted Microsoft support, some engeneer is looking into it. It's been a month... hope this is resolved soon. I'll write the solution here as soon as it is solved
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution
Got to be something MDM related and file permissions there on iOS somehow. Since it's obvious that's the only factor here since it works android and desktop. Wondering if your exception you added to your device didn't "Undo" a change it might have made. Guessing you don't have access to a virgin phone?

View solution in original post