SOLVED

Private Team with public subsite

Copper Contributor

I have a customer that uses a Private team for group collaboration. They produce documents that they want made available for other teams. They want to create a subsite under their private teamsite and make that visible to other teams. Aside from this not being 'best practice' - what are some downfalls or issues to this approach?

2 Replies
best response confirmed by Niki Felker (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Instead of a sub site , I’d create a new library in that team site and change permissions on this one! Then other teams can add this library as a tab in their Team!

Downfalls is getting the correct permission up and running of course and also that you have several places to put files! Name the library appropriately and train the users how it works, and you’ll be fine!!
Good idea! Thank you!
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Niki Felker (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Instead of a sub site , I’d create a new library in that team site and change permissions on this one! Then other teams can add this library as a tab in their Team!

Downfalls is getting the correct permission up and running of course and also that you have several places to put files! Name the library appropriately and train the users how it works, and you’ll be fine!!

View solution in original post