SOLVED

Private channels features

Copper Contributor
Hello,

I am looking at the features for a private channel and some seem to be missing. I was wondering if this is due to be developed?
For example,
If I teach the same English lessons but to 3 different classes can I have 3 private channels within the English Team and using the private channels can I schedule meetings and use a class notebook with only those learners in the private channel? This would save so much time and also be more effective instead of having 3 different teams with the same content for 3 different classes. Also if / when I can schedule meetings within private channels will the option of additional breakout rooms still be available within that private meeting please?

Is this something that is being looked into and will be a feature for August possibly or would you recommend using separate Teams for now?

Lastly, Microsoft Teams has been amazing for the eduction sector and I wouldn’t know how I’d be able to do my job effectively without it so thank you!
1 Reply
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

Hi @SiobhanCYC,

Currently, each team can have up to 30 private channels and each private channel can have up to 250 members, and you can add a separate OneNote app to each private channel. However, scheduled meetings in private channels is not a feature yet, but you can click on the Meet button in the upper right corner to start an ad-hoc channel meeting within that private channel. We have heard this feedback in UserVoice and will provide updates there. We suggest voting on that UserVoice item and that'll let you stay up-to-date as well.

Lastly, we are very glad Teams has allowed you to remain effective and productive in these stressful times! Please continue to provide us feedback and suggest features, whether through the MTC forums or through UserVoice. It may also be useful for you to follow the Teams blog and the Edu blog for new features and developments as well.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

Hi @SiobhanCYC,

Currently, each team can have up to 30 private channels and each private channel can have up to 250 members, and you can add a separate OneNote app to each private channel. However, scheduled meetings in private channels is not a feature yet, but you can click on the Meet button in the upper right corner to start an ad-hoc channel meeting within that private channel. We have heard this feedback in UserVoice and will provide updates there. We suggest voting on that UserVoice item and that'll let you stay up-to-date as well.

Lastly, we are very glad Teams has allowed you to remain effective and productive in these stressful times! Please continue to provide us feedback and suggest features, whether through the MTC forums or through UserVoice. It may also be useful for you to follow the Teams blog and the Edu blog for new features and developments as well.

View solution in original post