Private Channel SPO URL changes

Copper Contributor

Hello!

Is possible to change the URL for a private channel SPO site?

I create a O365 Group and add it on Teams. After that I create one Private Channel.

When I change the Group SPO URL, all Channels changes his SPO Address, except the Private Channel.

Why this behavior?

5 Replies
How did you change the SPO URL? Directly in the SPO Admin Center or by renaming the Team? In the second case, I would expect the renaming in the PC Site URL, but not in the former one

Hi @Jairo Soares Dolores Mosca ,

When a private channel is created a separate SharePoint site collection is created so changing the URL of the Teams main SharePoint site collection will not change the URL of the private channel SharePoint site collection.

I cannot see any private channel site collections in the SharePoint Admin centre so suspect you may not be able to change the URL.

Andy Hodges | ThinkShare | www.thinkshare.uk

Thanks a lot @Juan Carlos González Martín 

I Changed the URL for SharePoint Admin portal and the name of the Channel directly from Teams. 

I want to know why the Private Channel SPO URL don't changed.

@YongShao asdf

@Jairo Soares Dolores Mosca 

...because the site of the private channel is unconnected at the SharePoint level. 

A member can access the site and data via teams but the two entities remain independant. 

As far as i can see, there isn't a way in the Admin centre to change the URL of the private channel after it's been created. Perhaps there is in PowerShell?