Privacy Conversations

Copper Contributor

Hello to everybody, I need some help with Microsoft Teams. Is possible delete a conversation or call history. I'm working with a big project of members, and I think is important keep the privacy of messages send

5 Replies

@User_Ian_1Yes you can delete conversation history through deletion policy created in Security and compliance and when we talk about call history to be removed, this is something presently in backlog :

If you mean the users themselves, no, they cannot clear history. 

Hello Vasil,

Users wont be able to do it themselves as everything is stored under their mailbox.

So I would recommend a global admin should do that.!

Thanks.!

@User_Ian_1 Privacy from who? Only they can see their own messages, or an admin stat has the rights to perform content searches through ediscovery. I would struggle to imagine why you would need privacy from your own admins, kind of undermines the reason you provide a company system.

You can implement a retention and disposition policy to remove data after a period. At the moment the minimum period is 30 days, but that will be reducing to 1 day at some point soon.

@shanky3  Thank you for your response. I try to delete the conversation history through the deletion policy created in Security and Compliance, but I don't know how to do it. Would there be a step, some response in the forum or a video? That would help me a lot. Thank you very much in advance