Printing or opening pdf from SharePoint site embedded in Teams tab

Brass Contributor

Hi everyone

One of our teams has a channel tab that displays the team's SharePoint site.  This works fine but we seem to have run into an issue when users want to print the pdf directly from within Teams.  If they click the Print button they get the following message to say they have to install an app from the Windows Store:

gcjuw84_0-1620659163584.png

However, this doesn't happen if they open the same document in SharePoint in a browser.  Has anyone else run into this issue before as I've had a look and can't seem to find anything?

2 Replies
Seems you added the library as a website tab! Tried the SP library tab?

@adam deltinger 

Yeah it's added as a website tab as the users in this team access their SharePoint site via Teams.  In this example they've navigated to the library through the site and tried to print.  I've also tested this by adding the document library as a separate tab and also adding the SharePoint site using the built-in SharePoint option when adding a tab but with these there is no print option available at all and to print you need to open the document in SharePoint.

I assume this is expected behaviour at this time and hopefully printing pdfs directly from Teams will be added at some point.