Posting an Occurence to a Teams General post

Copper Contributor

When creating a new Meeting, I can schedule it throug the 'General' feed, I can also set it to repeat (weekly, for example). When I do that it creates a 'Series' with each repeat of the meeting being an 'Occurence'.

How can I post my Occurences to the General posts feed, so I don't have to create a new Meeting every week for people to see?

Many thanks,

Ben

5 Replies

@MrHarrisWhat you are trying to do it is already set by default, as soon as you set the meeting to happen as occurrence you would see it in the thread as repeated posted on the general channel or any other channel invited, besides when the meeting starts everyone will get the popup who are invited, and will also see the little camera icon showing there is a meeting in progress.

@PDostiyar Thank you for your attempt to help. Perhaps I didn't explain well enough.

The problem I have is not the default for Teams. If what I wanted to happen were the default, then I doubt I'd be on here asking for help. Again, I am grateful for your attempt to help. 

So, individual 'occurences' of a series of scheduled meetings do not show up on the General posts section. They are there when you first create the series, but this requres an increasingly absurd 'scrolling back up' action which gets bigger every week.

When you create a new meeting the option to join appears at the bottom of the feed, the most recent post. How can I put the occurences there, at the bottom of the feed, as the most recent post?

Also, invitees being informed at the time of the start of the meeting is not good enough. I need to provide about an hours notice.

Many thanks,

Ben

@MrHarrisAhhh got your point now, unfortunately, that option is not available as of today, there could be a Uservoice for such a request if not that is worthed to create one for Teams, besides once the pin option is available you should be able to pin a scheduled meeting or a post to a channel.

here is a UserVoice for the pin post, conversation, or meeting thread... https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/16911532-ability-to-pin-messag...

@PDostiyar This sounds like a great idea. I'll have a fiddle around with it and see what I can do.

Thank you very much for helping with this. It is definitely appreciated.

Ben

@MrHarris   you are most welcome and i am glad i was able to provide some insight and help.

regards

Pervaiz Dostiyar