SOLVED

Pop-Out Chat no longer able to call by hovering over users pic

Copper Contributor

Hello,

Once pop-out chat showed up we were able to call by scrolling over the users pic and then use the call button. Now that button is grayed out. Why did this change? 

6 Replies

@Clark86125If you hover over the persons picture in the chat list a information dialog will appear and you can use the call button there. 

@Henry Edwards  Yes I knew I could do that. Question is why can you do it there and now its grayed out from pop-out chat. I was able to do from pop-out chat and now can not. 

Hmmm, I reckon it's been disabled now as they are probably going to change this a little when they enable you to call in a pop out chat window and let you pop out calls and meetings - this is going be launched according to the Roadmap this month.

The interface is changing (no bar at the bottom third of the screen in a call - it's been moved to the top) when you call in a pop out chat and a normal window. 

best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution
You can instantly pop out your one-on-one or group chat into a separate window. Then, resize, reposition, or close the window as you wish. It’s a great way to get a lot done when you’re in a meeting or in a call. FYI: You can pop out multiple conversations, but not the same chat twice.

Tip: To do other things (like scheduling meetings, attaching a OneDrive File, adding apps), just return to the main app to find those familiar features. You don't need to close the pop out chat window.

Note: The Pop out chat feature is currently available in the desktop app for Windows and Mac only. It is not yet supported for Teams on the web, Linux, or mobile.

You’ve got a few options to pop out a chat in Teams. Take a look at these different methods.

@Lewis-H Thanks for the message, we know all the features and we are able to do that. @Clark86125  was saying why can't you call a person within a pop out window when you used it be able to. 

@Henry Edwards Yes Thanks. I fully understand the features. Any where you hover in teams over a persons photo you can call them. In pop-out chat I was able to use and now its grayed out. Why or will this be fixed??

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution
You can instantly pop out your one-on-one or group chat into a separate window. Then, resize, reposition, or close the window as you wish. It’s a great way to get a lot done when you’re in a meeting or in a call. FYI: You can pop out multiple conversations, but not the same chat twice.

Tip: To do other things (like scheduling meetings, attaching a OneDrive File, adding apps), just return to the main app to find those familiar features. You don't need to close the pop out chat window.

Note: The Pop out chat feature is currently available in the desktop app for Windows and Mac only. It is not yet supported for Teams on the web, Linux, or mobile.

You’ve got a few options to pop out a chat in Teams. Take a look at these different methods.

View solution in original post