Poly Studio x30 Teams account disconnection

Brass Contributor

We have a Collaboration Bar (x30 from Poly) and we're experiencing regular account disconnection. 

When the account is logged in, the bar itself works, we can do video/audio calls without issue. However, when it sits idle for a while, it disconnect on its own and make the TV flash in the process, which is very distracting.

I pulled the logs from the device to understand what's going on, but I'm at a loss at what I should be looking at specifically...

In the logs, there's a Teams folder and a cache subfolder with a bunch of .blog files and I attempted to open them with Notepad++ but they're unreadable (see screenshots).

Any idea how we could troubleshoot this?

Teams_logs.PNGOpening the .blog files render as garbage in Notepad++Opening the .blog files render as garbage in Notepad++

60 Replies

We have still had issues and have updated the Microsoft Teams app. This is NOT part of the Poly update and seems to help with the sign out issue. It does, however, still allow the TC8 and the X30 to unpair. There is supposed to be another update in the near future. Look on Teams admin center to locate the update. Check version numbers to be sure what you are installing. Teams admin says that the Poly release 3.4 is not the current version. Teams app version should be 1449/1.0.96.2021042903.  Our version set up is below:

Poly: 3.4.0.292042

Teams App: 1449/1.0.96.2021042903

We are running the old firmware (3.3.2.286154) with the new teams apps (1449/1.0.96.2021042903) and the first 3 systems we updated have been online for about 160+ hours without drops.
Are you able to use the TC8 as intended with the new Microsoft update and the previous Poly firmware?
We have now configured 9 systems with the versions I mentioned above. Two of them, however, ended up unpaired the morning after. No factory reset needed. One solved by rebooting, the other one re-paired.
From what we understand from Poly is that MSFT will not resolve the pairing issue until sometime in June. Fingers crossed. Re-pairing devices is still much preferred over the signout issue.
We have now been running the patch for 5-6 days and we still have the issue with our 9 systems. The X30/X50 seems to be fixed, but the TC8 ends up "signing in" from time to time. A factory reset is the only way forward.
We also had a TC8 signout yesterday but not the X30 it was paired with. We didn't have to factory reset lucikly, but it did have to be signed back in manually. Frustratingly running Poly version 3.4.0 we have lost the ability to sign in from another device on the TC8. We have to enter the password manually on the TC8 touch screen.
Have either of you tried running the X30/X50 without the TC8 and using a keyboard and mouse? We are looking into other options, even discussing return/replace with Poly. Not certain they will agree but sadly we purchased quite a few for one of our locations and definitely won't be going this route for other locations.
Hi Team I have similar issue.
We recently deployed Poly X30 & X50 with Poly Trio 8800 or TC8 and noticed when the power outage or unplug the main power cable from the X30 or X50 the device is on reset mode and showing sign-in screen on the TV rather than showing the room is available.
In short the device is losing its configuration and it requires to reconfigure X30 & X50 again.
From the first day of deployment till today’s date I have reconfigured all devices more than 8 times in each room and we have 8 conference rooms so it is wasting lot of my time.

Has anyone ever seen this type of issue? Really appreciate your help if you have any resolution to fix this issue.

@njh81

I have seen this exact same issue and the fix that appears to be working is to ensure the X30 and X50s are running the following Software Versions:

• Teams Admin Agent 1.0.0.202010121132.product
  • Firmware 3.3.2.286154
  • Company Portal App 5.0.4927.0
  • OEM Agent App 3.3.2-1005354
  • Teams App1449/1.0.96.2021042903 

When the devices were not registering correctly in Intune, due to a buggy Firmware, we would see the exact same issue (rebooting would lose all config - rebooting would occur at random intervals).  Once the firmware was updated to  3.3.2.286154, this stopped on the X30/X50s but the TC8s would still occasionally become unpaired.

Polycom were less than helpful, only offering to send a chargeable engineer on site to "troubleshoot".  The consensus on here seems to be the X30s are problematic to say the least.  Anecdotally, I have heard of much fewer issues with the X30s running native Poly Firmware, rather than the MSFT Teams optimized version.

Sorry I cannot be of more help.

Our reseller was able to get a meeting with Poly and Microsoft Engineering due to some pre-existing professional contacts within Poly. This same group of people has agreed to meet with our IT team and our vendor next week. What we have heard through our vendor is that during the initial meeting both Microsoft and Poly have acknowledged the issue with device signouts and lost pairing between X30/X50 and TC8. Both Microsoft and Poly agree it is an issue with the Microsoft Teams firmware. From what we understand a beta firmware version that contains a fix for all of the pairing/signout issues should be released available in some capacity either today or early next week. Details are unclear about how or our vendor will actually receive this firmware for testing. We are very hopeful this will resolve all the problems in our 17 conference rooms. It is frustrating that there is such a lack of transparency from Microsoft and Poly on this and that their findings are not acknowledged or published anywhere that I have been able to find on either website. Had our vendor not had contacts within Poly we never would have received this information until the fix was released. All but 2 of our conference rooms have been converted to Poly device mode and are basically dumb conference rooms that require a USB and HDMI to interface with the display and X30 or X50. It's been a giant step back for us but has saved the IT team hours a day dealing with these issues. While we remain hopeful that the issues will be addressed by the FW updates, we will be rolling out any new firmware VERY slowly and purposefully.
Thank you very much Phil. this is a really great help. really appreciate.
Thanks Jeff for explaining this in detail I will let you know how I go.

@golabki 

Hi Golabki

Have you heard more about this pending update?

Svoffer

Just a quick update - we have obtained the beta FW 3.5.0.344003 from Polycom. Contents are as follows:
Teams Admin Agent 1.0.0.202104280345.product
Firmware 3.5.0.344003
Company Portal App 5.0.5088.0
OEM Agent App 3.5-1005779
Teams App 1449/1.0.96.2021051904
There is some confusion if this firmware fixed the signout issue this thread is all about. I have received both a confirmation and denial from Polycom that the issue is fixed in this firmware. We currently have 3 devices running this Beta FW and the only issue it has resolved so far is that video is now available on all calls from an X30 (we were seeing issues where video was not being received by an x30). It has created a new issue where external users cannot be invited to a "MeetMe" from the X30/TC8 - it only seems to search the GAL for invitees, and does not allow SMTP addresses that are not in the GAL.

Hi..

In Poly KB: there is this article:

X-30 or X-50 units in Teams mode sign-out automatically and cannot sign back in unless a factory reset is performed.
https://knowledgebase-iframe.polycom.com/kb/viewdocument.do?noCount=true&externalId=46760&sliceId=1&...

It sound simular... But I have client that still have issued with the endpoint MS Teams client randomly signs out.

Anyone with some experience for this issue?
My guees is that is related to Endpoint mananger....

/Dan

@Dan Hemsø - the issue should be resolved (according to Poly) by the latest firmware update (3.50) that went to MSFT TAC last week (w/c 21/06/21).  If you contact Poly direct, they will give you access to the latest firmware in advance of MSFT, but you will have to manually update the firmware on the X30/X50 device via the Device Webpage (not the Teams Admin portal).  In my experience, it has stopped the X30s from logging out and requiring factory resets.

Hope this helps. 

@pdcisilion 

So we have had this issue with both the Studio units and the TC-8 units logging out. We upgraded the Poly software to 3.5 last Wednesday, 6/23. All required us to have the studio units re authenticate to the teams admin portal. This was another new wrinkle in the never ending support nightmare these units have been presenting. We have a mix of Studio 50's and 30's using the teams configuration. On Friday 6/25, the TC-8's disconnected only and we were able to reconnect using only the retry button. The issue is not resolved but the units have been up and connected for the last 2 days. I will update when they disconnect again.

we also have this issue.
We upgraded the Poly x50 and TC-8 Latest Firmware version.
Poly x50
Latest Firmware version to: 3.5.0.344025
Teams App – 1449/1.0.96.2021051904
TC8
Latest Firmware version to: 3.5.0.210489
Teams App – 1449/1.0.96.2021051904

only factory reset helps but after 24 hours the device experiencing regular account disconnection again.

any update on this issue?
Very frustrating.
Hi Guys, My rooms are stable now what I have done is upgraded Poly X50 & Trio c 60 and Trio 8800 with latest available firmware. once updated I have changed couple of settings - Time goes to sleep needs to be off and uncheck out of office from system settings.
our rooms are stable and working fine without any issue.