SOLVED

Polls in channel meetings

Copper Contributor

Hello Techhelp

When I’m in a Team meeting (not on a channel) I can launch a quick poll (Forms) or start the Forms bot (@Forms), by clicking on the 3 dots in het meeting chat.

When I’m in a Team meeting in a Teams Channel nothing happens when I’m clicking on the 3 dots in the meeting chat. I cannot start the bot either.

Is it because my Organisation is blocking these extra options? Something that is disabled by the admins? Or are these options not available in Team Channel Meetings?

In both cases I am the meeting organizer.

Thanks in advance for clarifying

22 Replies

I love channel meetings for saving the meeting & associated chat in the Channel but the odd functionality is frustrating. My work around for polls/quizzes in a Channel meeting is to use Polly. Prior to the meeting create a template of the questions you want to ask (multi-choice, open ended, likert, etc. Sorry no word cloud). During the meeting instruct attendees to open their chat window and the organizer can click the Polly icon, choose the poll question from the Templates and launch it. Templates are saved across MS Teams GRPs so I could imagine the templates list getting convoluted over time so you'd want to delete out questions once the meeting is over. 

Are there any updates on adding Polls to channel meetings? There is still demand for this feature even though the UserVoice link is broken.
There are a couple of issues with this disparity between Calendar and Channel meetings...

1. The behaviour differs between Calendar Meetings and Channel Meetings, which leads to confusion and a lot of wasted time as people try to work out why they can do this in Calendar Meetings and not in Channel Meetings
2. While there is a potential workaround by going to the Channel view while in the Meeting and creating a poll in the chat, this creates unnecessary complexity especially for educators new to delivering sessions via Teams.
If you want to encourage Microsoft to work on this consider upvoting the request in the Microsoft Feedback Portal. https://feedbackportal.microsoft.com/feedback/idea/8a04d984-82a5-ec11-a81c-002248519ffe