Policies Not Applying in Teams

Copper Contributor

Hi there,

Hoping someone will be able to help me with an issue I';m having in Microsoft Teams. I'm trying to amend the global policy to remove the Calls application (we use another piece of software for calling currently). I've followed the online tutorials and am doing exactly as instructed, except the policy doesn't seem to have applied. Users are still getting the Calls app available in their toolbar.

I've tried restarting, signing in and out and given it some time to come into effect. None seemed to have resolved the issue though.

Any help would be appreciated!

6 Replies
It takes time!! when did you change the policy? Last time it took about two days for mine to apply so I believe that’s your issue right now!
just have patience :)

@adam deltinger Over 24 hours ago, which I thought would be ample time for the policy to reflect to Users. Clearly not; I'll wait a bit longer! Thanks for your response.

Yeah! It’s a bit annoying :) let me know by tomorrow how it went !!

Adam
How exactly did you try to turn this off? So you are removing the ability for anyone to make calls and video calls via chats?

You Probabaly have to use Teams apps > app policy to remove the calls tab from users in addition to any disabling of calling which would effect the icons in chat windows.
Hmm good point! Since he was talking about the call application and removal of it it does seem this is the tab but could also be the call option in chat etc in the messaging policy

@Office365TIP  Did the change ever show up?  I just made a similar change and am anxious to know if it will show up next week.