Planner showing in all channels

Copper Contributor

I have created one team with multiple channels that will be individual work groups across the organization.  I had previously integrated planner into teams as an added tab in each channel. 

Now when I create a new task in planner, it is showing in all channels, which I do not want. 

I saw a similar post from last year , but it did not address my issue. 

I want to use planner, i want to create tasks within a channel in teams, and only have it show within that channel. 

My IT guy says I have to create a plan in planner for each channel and then add the tab. 

Is this correct? Or any ideas of what I am doing wrong. We use office 365 and sharepoint. 

3 Replies
Hi @Gwendolyn1964

Your IT Guy is right: if you want to see specific separated tasks in each channel, and not across all channels then you have to create a new plan in each channel. So when adding a planner Tab in a channel select add a new plan and do not link it to an existing plan. You may need good naming conventions for plans (I.e. aligning them to channel names) so it doesn't get too confusing (thinking here if there are lots of channels)

Hope that answers your question!

Best, Chris
I agree with @Christopher Hoard Now that you can have multiple plans per team, you should be looking at creating a plan for each channel by using the planner tab.
Yes, make sure you create a "sub plan", or plan using Teams, don't create a New plan in planner for each channel or you will end up with a ton of Groups :). However you do have the sub plan ability in Planner now, but you have to be careful when you click on New Plan, make sure to Assign the plan to an existing group (Your Team). And you can create these via Planner as well, but honestly it's easier in Teams to just go to the channel, add a tab, and New Plan.