SOLVED

Planner for Private Channels

Brass Contributor

Hello all,

Does anyone have any information on when Private Channels will get Planners? 

Teams is a collaborative tool, but you can't assign tasks to people in private channels due to the lack of planners.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

51 Replies
Brilliant! I am implementing this on a shared channel right now. Thanks for posting.

@PwrPlatformEnthusiast really good idea. unfortunately, it is not really easy to customize it and have the columns such as assigned person and due date. 

I believe we still dont have a full integration on the Private channels. 

Looking forward to it !

@nickh1975 did you manage to enable notifications for trello as well?

Any update on this?
it's insane they don't have this as a feature. any update on if it's in development?
I don't get it! This should be the easiest thing in the world to implement using roster plans. Why is it taking so long?

Hi - does anyone know if there is an update for this?

No Update so far. @vmsanctuary89 

This seems to be a second priority for the Dev Team. Sorry mate. 

Instead of using planner, we opened a new tab and added Lists, then picked the work progress tracker template. I personally like it better than planner. It allows you to set notifications and create rules from the task bar.
This is a great alternative. Many Thanks!!! I did a test and users dont get notifications even when assigned to a task.
Did you manage to create a rule on the same ?
I don't like Lists. It doesn't provide the same functionality with boards, charts etc. We need Planner!

@MJKsotech 

Hello everyone! I found a solution.

Add the to do with teams on mobile phone.

This is what you'll get:
1- you won't see to do form in teams on pc
2- you can anyway manage to do activities directly on the app "Tasks of Planner and to do " in the teams app for pc version.

The reason why you won't see the form is because on mobile phone you've tasks, in pc you have Tasks of planner and to do app. Microsoft is moving the app "Tasks of Planner and to do" into "tasks" but it get times.

Here is the link: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/manage-tasks-app