SOLVED

Permissions for sharing Power BI dashboards in Teams

Brass Contributor

What is the correct access configuration needed to share a Power BI dashboard with all members of a Team? I have put the dashboard on one of the tabs in the team, but only those who I previously shared the dashboard with directly through Power BI are able to click the tab and see the dashboard. Someone who hasn't had this dashboard shared to them, but they were licensed for Power BI, and they were a member of the Team, got this error:

not-avail-to-you.png

I'm trying to get the configuration that will give anyone who has been made a member of the Team access to view the dashboard. I want to avoid having to grant everyone access individually as they click on it in Teams.

Thanks,

Anne

2 Replies
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution
You need to share the Power BI with all the people you want to see it...as an alternative, you could create a Power BI workspace tied to the the Microsoft 365 Group that it's behind the Team where you are adding the Power BI

Thanks for answering so fast! The Teams space I'm trying to share to is listed in my Power BI home page as one of the workspaces I can access. I downloaded a .pbix of the report I want to share with the Team and then attempted to upload it to the associated workspace in PBI.

Here's the error I got:
cant-access.png

The dataset it's referring to is RealTimeData from a streaming dataset, which is in my own Power BI area. Since I can't actually access RealTimeData, how do I configure access to the Teams group?

Thanks,

Anne

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution
You need to share the Power BI with all the people you want to see it...as an alternative, you could create a Power BI workspace tied to the the Microsoft 365 Group that it's behind the Team where you are adding the Power BI

View solution in original post