Pending request tab missing

Copper Contributor

Hi all...

I am a faculty and I have sent my subject team link to my students to join. I received the requests from a few and I added them, through the Pending Requests. But after that, when I further received request (came to know from notification and by mail), I clicked the Manage Team tab, but Pending Requests tab was missing. I tried restarting the app also, but did not work. Can anyone please help me in this?? (Our institute has the paid version of team linked to our official mail ids, and I am using the same).

7 Replies

@gouthamsarang  To solve your issue simply restart Microsoft Teams. In case the Pending Requests tab do not appear, reboot Windows. In my case, Windows reboot solved the problem.

I have the same issue. Elementary music teacher, so I have over 400 students. If I get requests, and allow those few in, the pending requests tab disappears. Leaving the team and reentering, does nothing. Sometimes quitting Teams and restarting works, but I can't keep shutting down and restarting every time I get a new request. That is not a valid solution. I certainly can't restart my computer in the middle of a virtual class. Anyone have a reason why this would happen and how it can be fixed? Thanks!!

Same issue here, the "Pending Requests" tab is not shown properly.

After I approve all requests, then the tab disappears.... BUT if I get an activity+email notification about a new request, and I click on the request, then the team is shown, BUT WITHOUT the "Pending Requests" tab.

The "Pending Requests" tab is also hidden if I manually go to the team's "Manage Team" page...

Also, if I go to Activity/Feed, in the left pane (list of notifications) all I see is "XY requested to..." and nothing else is seen (in the Feed list I cannot see which team the request is going for, only after I click on the notification)...

PLEASE FIX!

Thank you @aethelbert for your response. Restarting Teams/Windows just solves the problem only once. Anyway now I stopped inviting students through mail, instead I send the Team code to join. That's  pretty easier.

@sarchmusicIf possible you can send Team code to your students, so that they can directly join the Team without your approval. I am following that nowadays.

@szabozs_nik 

If possible you can send Team code to your students, so that they can directly join the Team without your approval. I am following that nowadays.

Yeah, I can do thay, and I can also manually add the students to the team. However, none of these actually addresses the problem or the request tab disappearing. I will do what I need to do so I can teach, but Microsoft needs to fix it. Silly to have a feature that then can't be used properly...