SOLVED

PDF Collaboration on Team

Copper Contributor

I am looking for a way to collaborate on marking up a PDF.  Is there an app or plug-in that will help our team do this?  Please only respond with ways to work on PDFs as we are working on shop drawings and graphics. Thanks!

11 Replies
best response confirmed by Christopher Hoard (MVP)
Solution
AFAIK there’s no good way to do this from Teams itself! You have the Adobe cloud app of course but when it comes to annotations these needs to be opened with your PDF app you use!

You could convert PDFs to word or create word documents to collaborate in with Teams and then from word export to PDF

There is a uservoice for this here so go there and vote for it:

https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/18750268-annotation-of-pdfs

Adam

@Maylan_T 

Actually, you don't need any extra app or plugin. You simply use the (already shared and realtime updated) OneNote notebook of your team. You insert your pdf there and you can mark annotate etc using onenote tools.

@asouycan that then be linked to an assignment?

@Maylan_T 

for those still looking for pdf collaboration in teams, there is an adobe app available. Just click the + sign in the upper menu of a channel an choose the Adobe Acrobat app.

@SvenFischer Could not find it. Can you give an advice?

Unfortunately it is impossible to fill PDF forms with this app. Not worth to install because the integrated pdf-viewer does the same. You need an Adobe-account to do marking, commenting and so on.

@Hardy Krause You can create a free Adobe account

@SvenFischer Ok, but is it possible with Adobe-account to open PDF-Form in teams write in the form or check some checkboxes click save and it will be saved in teams without interaction. Next user comes (ok, with adobe-account) opens the same PDF-form, correct something and saves the file. This is what we need. No download, filling in the form uploading to teams, next user downloading and uploading to teams. I could also live with checking out/in the pdf-document, that nobody makes changes meanwhile.

@Hardy Krause I can confirm I tried to use the Adobe app within Teams just now and am able to add comments and "sticky notes" but cannot actually edit the PDF or check boxes or anything.  And that is with the free account.  I don't know if I am missing something though. 

@MichelleMastersPMay please request you to confirm the actual adobe app name i.e. I only see 'Adobe Sign' and 'Adobe Creative Cloud App' 

@Maylan_T 

Is there a way to download the pdf with the collaborated comments? There is a 'download' link  when clicking the three dots, but I only receive "Can not download file"... 

Is it because I only hav ethe free account? 

However, for other functions/limitations I then receive a message stating so.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Christopher Hoard (MVP)
Solution
AFAIK there’s no good way to do this from Teams itself! You have the Adobe cloud app of course but when it comes to annotations these needs to be opened with your PDF app you use!

You could convert PDFs to word or create word documents to collaborate in with Teams and then from word export to PDF

There is a uservoice for this here so go there and vote for it:

https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/18750268-annotation-of-pdfs

Adam

View solution in original post