Pb with external users from other O365 tenant to Teams

Copper Contributor

After two years away from SharePoint and Office 365 I finally working again on this products.
And of course in 2 years Office 365 is moving fast.

I encounter a problem and I call upon your lights.

My company is currently using a tenant (tenant A)  with 1000 users and we only use SharePoint Online, for security reasons we had set IP access restrictions for SharePoint Online (only internal company IPs are allowed).

Today we want to test Teams on a restricted population, however the IP restriction set in SharePoint Online prevents Teams from working properly, when you want to use it outside the company (no attachments can be inserted in a conversation for example).

So I recommend to use a dedicated tenant for this poc without any security constraint to focus first on the functional aspect of teams.
After a lot of tests I want to invite some users from tenant A in the Tenant B to not create two accounts for the members of the POC (one for each tenant) 
So during the process I accept the invitation from my tenant B on my tenant A account and I see that I'm part of the 0365 group (Teams group).
I can even see the list of members in this group.
In Azure AD of tenant B i see my tenant A account as external azure Ad user and invitation accepted.

However if I launch teams by connecting with my account of the tenant A, no trace of the groups of the tenant B in Teams.

strangely, if I invite a personal Microsoft account (Microsoft 365 personal licence) in the tenant B, by connecting to teams with my personal account, a menu appears asking me to choose between my personal teams and the one of the domain of tenant B
And I have access to the groups of tenant B.

to resume, is it possible to invite an account of an external 0365 tenant in Teams? And why the switch of domain is not available with a O365 Entreprise Account

Sorry for the length of my post and my english level :)

1 Reply

@Louis David FERAL Yes, it is possible to invite external O365 users. If you log in with your account in Teams you should see the tenant switch in the upper right corner.