SOLVED

Participants not showing up on camera BUT camera shows for others

This thread has been locked for new comments by a moderator, if you have a new similar issue then please start a new thread.
Copper Contributor

The view on my screen in Microsoft teams does not seem to show everyone's camera yet others in the meeting can see all the participants on camera. I instead, get a box with their initials but no video. See attached photo. We are using the free version of teams.

In the past I have been able to see all attendees. I have restarted the app, ensured that it is updated, etc. logged out and in. No luck. 

Help!teams screen.jpg

74 Replies

The "switching view" mostly works for me. You have to go to ... [More settings] --> Together Mode or Large Group. Magically, everyone appears that way. We're just having issues in the normal default view.

And, no--it's not a bandwidth issue. We're in the most up-to-date version of Teams. All of our Windows updates are installed. Everyone's camera is on. Random people can't see other random people. So if Suzy, Jim, Joe, Frank, Billie, Claudia, and Joan are in a meeting, maybe Suzy can see everyone; Jim can't see Joe or Frank; Joe can't see Claudia; Frank can't see Suzy or Jim; Billie can't see Suzy or Claudia; Claudia can't see Joan. It is very frustrating. 

Honestly, I did too.
I'd uninstall Teams, cleared the temp and cache files then installed the msi site deployment version of teams, all failed.
It seemed to work a bit when i full screened it and once when I shared the screen but nothing consistent until I’d reinstalled the Windows Media Pack

@hal-9

The same for us for about a month. Several versions of windows 10 impacted (20h2 - 1909 - 2004).
It is not a problem of bandwidth we are at 1go. About 1200 users have the same problem. Ticket open to Microsoft premium support.
I have a similar problem now. Where video is enabled on my desktop teams and displays are normal, but the receiver cannot see my video. It just displays my initials.
If i use the web app for teams, both me and the receiver can see the video.
It is also strange that this was working previously, and not happened without any config changes to my machine.
I have tried to delete the app and any related config/cashe folders, and re-installed without any success.
Note that I'm using MacBook on latest version of macOS and teams.
From today on I get feedback from my employees that they cannot share Video. Especially the Persons with M1 Notebook.
I'm having the same issue, I am running a MacBookPro with the M1 chip. I can see my video, but no one else can see me. Zoom works perfectly well. Seems to be a teams issue at this point.
These are the instructions to fix the issue with incoming videos . We Have to clear the Teams cache from the affected users machine.
1-Sign out on Teams > Quit Microsoft Teams by right clicking the icon and select Quit.
2-On your keyboard, Hold Windows key and Press R.
Cut and paste %appdata%\Microsoft\Teams in the RUN then OK.
3-Delete the contents of the entire folder.

If this does not fix the issue then we have to check the box for "Disable GPU hardware acceleration" in settings. We can go to settings by clicking on three dots next to our picture on teams main screen.

This will solve the issue.
We have had success with disabling GPU hardware acceleration in the Teams settings. Right click the Teams icon in the system tray and select settings. Under General check the box next to Disable GPU hardware acceleration. Restart Teams.

Hope this helps,

Rick

@Rick_Turkett  You have saved me weeks of frustrations! Thank you 

Your advice worked perfectly, thank you

hi , i am Brain M , im happy to help you with your issue, did you do any windows updates , or did you try uninstalling and reinstalling the app, if that doesnt work, try refreshing your pc . if it still isnt working, you should probably call microsoft customer care for teams 1800 102 1100 , or 1800 572 1100. my job is done
Hi, is there any solution for this?
Hi , I had fixed the same problem to someone else , a simple software update resolved the issue, but before going that far, I would recommend to try the following steps

Restart the pc
Reinstall teams

Hope your issue is resolved , if it is or if it didn’t plz tell me here .
I’ll be happy to give you more solutions , any of these steps will not harm your device in any way

@Brain_M 

Currently going thru this issue, the workarounds as others have said work but not acceptable as a long term solution.

Done the remove/clean cache/latest version, windows fully updated.

Also can confirm it's not account based in anyway, have tested this with a user on different computers and works fine.

One thing we're checking into is whether or not the media feature pack has any affect on this issue.

Having this issue with one client currently. Webex etc, fine, only Teams displaying the issue.

His video out to say, me, works fine, therefore camera is fine. Him receiving video is the problem. If the call is up on a big window, he can't see me. If he clicks somewhere else inside MS Teams (using desktop app on Windows) and the video call goes to the thumbnail in the top left, then the video starts working. Clicking on the video to make it large again, and it stops working. Back to thumbnail and it starts working again.

Tried clearing the cache folder in appdata and turning on GPU disable, neither made a difference.

best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

@Alan_Denness @P_Gascoyne @Yair_Azriel @Tamara100 and all:  This is the response from the meetings features team: