SOLVED

Participants not showing up on camera BUT camera shows for others

This thread has been locked for new comments by a moderator, if you have a new similar issue then please start a new thread.
Copper Contributor

The view on my screen in Microsoft teams does not seem to show everyone's camera yet others in the meeting can see all the participants on camera. I instead, get a box with their initials but no video. See attached photo. We are using the free version of teams.

In the past I have been able to see all attendees. I have restarted the app, ensured that it is updated, etc. logged out and in. No luck. 

Help!teams screen.jpg

74 Replies
It did not for me. But in case some MS Tech people are looking at this:
- it looks like "Turn off incoming video" is acting here. Once hit, this button "hides" video with persons info. A new chrome layer on top. If you try resize, screen "lags" and you can see bottom of video. Exactly the same happens with current bug of not seeing other people video.

Can smbd else test the same in video call? Fastly resize screen

@wetennis 

I found that choosing "more actions" then selecting "large gallery (preview)" showed everyone with camera images. Switching back to "gallery" then showed everyone in the nine on view setting.

@alexcsallan , for me this option is blurred. With recent updates I lost the option to get dev preview. Even custom apps upload for teams is enabled (as per documentation to enable dev features). Not sure how to re-enable this :\

Strange I can not change. But will try to get 9 people to the meeting.

I have noticed an update on the App this week (on my Mac) and have also not encountered the issue since ( but it was intermittent) so will continue to monitor.

e@David-D Did it come back?

We are still encountering same issues. I went to dev tools and found some interesting stuff. Seems like video is not found:

wetennis_0-1617000658685.png

and

wetennis_1-1617000778030.png

For what it's worth, I was able to fix the issue by removing the Teams app and reinstalling it. It's been working ok for the past couple of weeks, so I'm hoping it will stick.

@David-D 

The solution is very simple. The cause of the problem is a simple setting which says 'Turn off incoming video'.

To fix it, start a conversation with the person which has the issue. While in conversation, the user should open the menu (tripple dot). It should be the bottom option which should now say 'Trun on incoming for incoming video'

Make sure you have the latest version - I upgraded mine and it works

thanks @Yurian1045 but i don't think that was the issue.

i think the latest version does seem to fix it as i have not had the problem since upgrade and a number of others re[port the same.

David

Today we have started to get a few users within our company phone up IT with this issue. Three users in total have now started to see this issue since earlier today where as we have not been contacted about this before. This would happen in a one on one call where one person can see both their camera and the other persons camera; Then the other person can only see their camera feed and not the others.
- We have signed out and in of teams
- Reinstalled Teams (Version 1.4.00.7174)
- Made sure that incoming video is turned ON

Just adding that I have this problem too! Very frustrating and sometimes I can see one person's video but not anyone else's - but they can all see each other @Tamara100 

This isn't the problem unfortunately. Sometimes I can see one person's video but not anyone else's - but they can see each other.

@Tamara100 Uninstalling and reinstalling has worked for me.. It was so frustrating for a while.

has there been a resolution to this?
I have the same problem. I can only see the video of the person speaking when I minimize the screen. I dont see anyone with a normal screeen
try turning off "spotlight" mode.
actually, I turned it on, then turned it back off
seemed to work

@MarkLDorn thank you - I will try that the next time it happens!

@MarkLDorn 

I was having this issue.  IT installed version 1.4.00.8872 and the problem is now resolved.  I can now see everyone who has their camera switched on :)

@Tamara100 Ditto here for my two kids doing remote school. Work domain I'm using is fine so it's definitely not a bandwidth problem. Same exact hardware and software setups across two kids - problem is intermittent and not synchronized between the two. Maddening problem to hunt down. Would love to see a true solution other than reinstall...

Are you using Windows 10 N/pro N if so have you made sure you've installed the Windows media feature pack.

Install-Media-Feature-Pack-in-Windows-10.jpg

@Tamara100 

@Ian_Phillips Nope. Not running Windows 10 N & we have all Windows updates installed. I really do think it's a problem with Teams.