OWA - Skype for business functionality still showing

Copper Contributor

Hi

For some reason the SfB chat functionality is still showing in Outlook on the web despite the users not having a Skype for Business license assigned to them, only Microsoft Teams and Exchange Online.

What makes this more frustrating is the users do not have private chat functionality enabled in Microsoft Teams, which means they are unable to send or receive private messages in Teams but are able to send private messages through OWA to other Teams users. 

And what is even more frustrating (!) is that although it is not possible to respond to the message through the Teams client directly (as per usual the chat box is blanked out), it is possible to reply through the desktop notification which pops up. The user then receives the message in OWA.

I've also changed AllowSkypeBusinessInterop to false in the hope this would help, but it hasn't.

Just wanted to check that I hadn't overlooked something really obvious?!

Thanks

5 Replies

@SMSDQ Hello! What's your setting here?

Org-wide settings -> Teams upgrade -> Coexistence mode

@ChristianBergstrom Hey - there aren't any settings available on that page, just the "Your organization is already in Teams" message. We've only just started using Teams and never used Skype for Business previously, so no update was needed.

@ChristianBergstrom What are you saying is should be? We're on Islands for now, and it's unclear to me in that case which OWA should pick. I know which one it does pick: SfB. No mention of Teams both when creating a meeting or with the little chat icon at the top of OWA.

If there's a setting for OWA's preference when in Islands, I haven't run across it.

Hey, I asked about the setting as I wanted to know about the underlying ”coexistence mode”.

As for the chat. Which icon you see in Outlook on the web (Skype or a chat icon) depends on the organization's configuration. There’s no Teams icon yet as far as I know.

On vacation, so a brief answer.
Hey, for some reason I cant edit my reply using the mobile. Anyway, see the admins update for reference https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/907141-the-new-outlook-on-the-web-office-365/suggestions/366887...