Outlook Share to Teams problem

Iron Contributor

The new Share to Teams functionality is now available in our tenant, both online and in the desktop client. In Outlook online the search for people, teams and channels works great but in the desktop client it's far from perfect. Searching using a team name in the desktop client returns no channel results at all while the online version does. The desktop client only returns people and chats, not channels. Are anyone else experiencing the same or is it only us?

4 Replies

Hello, I'm not having that issue as I can see all channels (except private and hidden). But I have noticed a couple of other conversations where people have had issues and also having two add-ins installed, so when switching to the other one it has solved the problem. Not sure that is a applicable solution for you as well but thought I should link to it anyway https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-teams/outlook-quot-share-to-teams-quot-comes-with-a...

*EDIT* Let me correct myself. It was working OK but not now!

Unfortunately, that did not solve the problem...

Hello, I suppose you didn’t see my EDIT above.. Haven’t tried it since though.

Update, still not working for me. But did a couple of days ago.

I'm having the same issue and found the other thread about chaning the add-in and it didn't work for me either.