Outlook for MAC OS and MS Teams

Copper Contributor

Hi. I use MS Otlook for MAC v.16.35 (20030802) and this week we started to use MS Teams (1.3.00.362). My Exchange server is an on-premise installation.

I do not see the option to start a meeting in MS Teams nor the MS Teams add-on in Outlook client.

Is there any possibility to put those two systems to work together?

8 Replies

@LubomirHornak 

The Teams Meeting button in Outlook for Mac will appear in the Outlook for Mac ribbon if Outlook is running production build 16.24.414.0 and later and is activated with an Office 365 client subscription.

You must have the office365 account as the default account. Click on new items -- meeting and you will Teams meeting button there.

@aleneziI do not have an Office365 account. Any other way?

@alenezi 

I do not want to have Office365. I have read the article you mentioned. However I do not see the reason why it is not technically possible with on-prem Exchange server and one-time purchase of Office 2019 Proffesional.

I have tried this https://www.reddit.com/r/MicrosoftTeams/comments/beoh1a/fix_teams_meeting_plugin_for_outlook_on_mac/ but it seems that it is the support for Office365

@LubomirHornak we've got the same problem. It seems to not be a problem on Windows and I am the only Mac user in our company so I guess not much help for me... Anyway, unfortunately Exchange on-prem is limited in more ways working with Office 365 and it really sucks.

A solution could be a virtualized desktop or app for the Mac users. That’s what I’ve been using recently anyway as search function in Outlook seems to work better in Outlook for Windows than in Outlook for Mac + my MacBook with 128 GB storage couldn’t hold about 25 GB of storage that Outlook started to take up. If you need help with virtualizing the desktop or Outlook itself, let me know. We do that on Citrix.

@jknettigthank you for your answer. I'm in exactly the same situation like you - I'm the only mac user in our org. We use Citrix in our company too so there is a solution to use virtualized app, and there should be the way to use OWA with the MS Teams integration even though we didn't implement it yet. But I want to have native mac solution without Office365 subscription. I know that it works on Windows so why can't we use it the same way?

Same situation here! @LubomirHornak 

Interesting. We have 365 installed for Mac, and the Teams button DOES show on the toolbar. Only, it doesn't work. When you click on it, you get the cryptic message, "Sorry, we've run into an issue." And nothing else.