SOLVED

Outlook Crashes with Opening, modifying or deleting a Teams meeting in Outlook Calendar

Silver Contributor

I can create a Teams meeting in Outlook, but if I go to open the meeting in Outlook to change the time or to open to join or to add someone to the meeting, then it crashes Outlook.  If I try to delete that meeting in Outlook, it also crashes Outlook.  According to my Teams client, I have the latest version 1.2.00.24753 (64-bit) and I also have the latest version of Outlook 1910 (Build 12130.20112) and it still crashes.  If I work from within Teams, I don't have the issue but some times it is easier to schedule a meeting in Outlook and this is annoying.  I am using a Surface Book 2 and it is up to date.

17 Replies

In case anyone suggests, I have run the quick repair tool on Office. :smile:

Does anybody have any idea when this will be resolved?  I had an update to office yesterday and it worked once but later in the day when I had to modify a Teams meeting, it started happening again.  :sad:

@Jeffrey Allen Did you find a fix? I am Running into the same problem :( 

@Rickbaarslag, the issue comes and goes.  Quick repair works temporarily and updates to Office as I'm on Insider release helps occasionally but it continues to occur occasionally.

I had a similar problem, and this fixed it:

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Teams/Microsoft-Teams-Outlook-add-in-crashes-Outloo...

1. Close Outlook
  2. Open the start menu and run this command:
    outlook.exe /cleanviews
  3. Close and reopen Outlook (I don't know if this is necessary)

@Thomas Mueller, thanks!  I'll give it a try as most fixes last for a couple of days or so and then return.

I tried this and it still crashes my Outlook when I want to open a Teams meeting from the calendar.

@Jeffrey Allen 

Bummer. You could try disabling the Teams add-in to confirm that it is causing the problem, but obviously that's not a great long-term solution.

File ribbon > Options > Add-ins > Manage COM Add-ins > Go > Uncheck Microsoft Teams Meeting Add-in > OK

Tried that early on and yes it resolves it but needs to be enabled sine I’m Teams only.
best response confirmed by Jeffrey Allen (Silver Contributor)
Solution

@Jeffrey Allen  I am having the same issue and had been going down the "quick repair" route similar to you but every time my PC rebooted the failures would resume. I tried the information in the link below and it worked....temporarily as well. Upon rebooting, the issue was back. It appears to be related "Export Address Filtering" but I cannot figure out how to make the change stick. Not sure if it's related to Intune or not but I'm the only one in my company that seems to be having this problem so I don't think it's a "company default setting" that is applied via Intune.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ae/help/4558642/outlook-crashes-when-teams-add-in-is-enabled

@Mark_Ferguson, I think this might have fixed it but still will need to test longer as some times it comes and goes.  THANKS!  I've had a ticket open several times with Microsoft and they admit it is a known issue and had me try lots of things, this not being one of them.

@Jeffrey Allen I hope it works long-term for you. For me, that setting (EAF) keeps getting set back to be "on" every time I reboot. Thinking a registry hack might work but I'm not an expert on the registry so I'm reluctant to try that and risk corrupting my work machine. I've verified with a teammate that his is turned off so it doesn't seem to be a company wide rule. However, he is on Home and I'm on Pro. I'll keep poking at it until it goes away.

@Mark_Ferguson., I'll post here if it either works or doesn't.  Our machines are Intune managed so we'll see if it reverts back after a reboot or a shutdown and power on.

@Mark_Ferguson, the two settings in app & browser control are still off (EAF) & (IAF) this morning after the machine was turned off and I am able to open Teams meetings via Outlook without crashing!  Thanks again for that!

@Mark_Ferguson , this is indeed an temporary solution for us. Because Intune changes the settings after a reboot. We use the standard security baselines in Intune. What else can we do to manage the following problem?

Outlook 365 crashes when opening a Teams meeting in windows 10 2004 and Office 365 16.0.13127.20296.

@Damon Visser Uninstalling .NET 3.5 has fixed this for me permanently (knock on wood).

@Jeffrey Allen 

C:\Users\****\AppData\Local\Microsoft\TeamsMeetingAddin

please  delete this folder "TeamsMeetingAddin"

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Jeffrey Allen (Silver Contributor)
Solution

@Jeffrey Allen  I am having the same issue and had been going down the "quick repair" route similar to you but every time my PC rebooted the failures would resume. I tried the information in the link below and it worked....temporarily as well. Upon rebooting, the issue was back. It appears to be related "Export Address Filtering" but I cannot figure out how to make the change stick. Not sure if it's related to Intune or not but I'm the only one in my company that seems to be having this problem so I don't think it's a "company default setting" that is applied via Intune.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ae/help/4558642/outlook-crashes-when-teams-add-in-is-enabled

View solution in original post