Other join options: phone audio option showing for those without E5 or audio conferencing

Bronze Contributor

Is there a way to hide the 'phone audio' button under 'other join options'? We have frustrated users who are trying to use the feature but they don't have the licensing for it.

4 Replies
Are the people creating the meeting licensed? That’s the only one that requires that license.

Hi @Chris Webb - Thanks for replying - somehow I completely missed it til this morning. I have the E3 license w/phone audio license. I sent an invite to a user who has O365 E3 w/o audio. They are able to click the phone audio button but then get denied. Any ideas?

Yeah I'm not sure this can be accomplished. You would think if you join a meeting that was setup with Audio conference license it could dial users to join in via Phone option, but it appears that it requires phone system license for the user. I agree it should probably not show if you don't have the license.
Ok, actually I just tested this with a user that doesn't have phone system and he was able to use the Phone Audio option to dial just fine as you would expect. Wondering if you have a policy somewhere not allowing this. Has your user account or the person setting up the meeting with Audio conferencing setup with a conference number?