Orphaned Team is displayed in MS Teams

Copper Contributor
Hallo,
I have a similar problem, as is described at
Unable to Remove a (orphaned ?) Team from user interface 

I'm creating the Team from Outlook (Email -> Group -> New Group), ewerything OK.
And then I decided to delete this Team, by deleting the Group  / SharePoint / Team. So I've deleted the Group (through AAD Portal), then the SharePoint Site.
I've permanently deleted the Group so as the SharePoint Site. The SharePoint Site I had to delete through Powershell, through GUI it was unable.
And Yes, by creating / deleting, I was a little quick, I've booted the deletion quite fast after creation (maybe 5-10 min)
I was expecting that this team will disappear from Teams Application by itself, but not...
But now it's been several days and I'm stucked because the Team still exists, with General Chanel, to which I can add posts (cannot add new Chanel, not Documents, not Users), but I can't remove this Team from the user interface as I'm no more Owner of it, just Member.
And of course, I can't see the Team through the admin interface, even from Powershell.
I've been looking everywhere, GUI Central Administration, Teams, AAD, Exchange, through Powershell this same ewerywhere, but he is nowhere to see.
Through link "Get team link" I got the Group GUID, then I tried to assign me as owner for this Team with the Idea first Owner, then delete, using PowerShell Add-TeamUser -GroupId "GUID" -User user@domain.com -Role Owner.
Error:
--------------------------
Add-TeamUser : Error occurred while executing Add-TeamUser
Code: Request_ResourceNotFound
Message: Resource 'GUID' does not exist or one of its queried reference-property objects are not present
InnerError:
  RequestId: ID
  DateTimeStamp: 2019-12-20T08:26:40
HttpStatusCode: Request_ResourceNotFound
At line:1 char:1
+ Add-TeamUser -GroupId GUID -User user ...
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [Add-TeamUser], ApiException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : Microsoft.TeamsCmdlets.PowerShell.Custom.ErrorHandling.ApiException,Microsoft.TeamsCmdlets.PowerShell.Cus
   tom.AddTeamUser
--------------------------
Any idea how to remove it? I've got all the admin rights, so no limit on a working solution.
Thanks for Help
3 Replies

So it is fun. A few days nothing happened, and shortly after I wrote this post, the team disappeared from the app. So working with MS Teams - that means to be patient. Really very patient. :smile:

@Karel_Hrubes 

That's the nature of all things build on top of O365 Groups - the "loose coupling" between the service often means changes take a looooong time to be reflected. Add to that the client-side cache, and it can get even more frustrating.

Hello. I am having the exact same issue. More than a month past and the deleted team still showing up.

I have the groupid of the deleted team. General channel only left as i can see through powershell.

I can create a new channel or deleted with powershell but i cant delete General channel to make that team disappear .

I thought that if i could create a group with the same id, i could delete the invalid team the right way but i didn't find a way to do this.

Is there anything i can do ?