SOLVED

Organization wide Team includes users without license

Iron Contributor

Hello everyone,

I noticed that our org-wide Team contains internal users that shouldn't be members. For that reason we revoked or didn't assign an M365 license. Do you know if anything has changed with the dynamic group assignment? Regardless of if or if not, is there a way to explude certain users from automatically being added to an org-wide Team?

In AzureAD I can see that the membership type is 'assigned', although it's an org-wide Team where internal users are automatically added (new ones as well). This is a little confusing.

FlorianHein_0-1652869951679.png

Thanks for your help.

2 Replies
Org-wide Teams do not use a dynamic query in the same way Azure AD Groups do, so you cannot adjust that. Instead, you can manually remove users from the org-wide Team via the Teams client (removing them via admin tools results in re-adding them later, unless MS fixed that).
best response confirmed by Olf (Iron Contributor)
Solution

@Vasil Michev 

Thanks, I tried that and even found out that you additionally can make use of the Azure dynamic groups feature to create exclusion rules. Seems to be working thus far.

FlorianHein_0-1652954195573.png

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Olf (Iron Contributor)
Solution

@Vasil Michev 

Thanks, I tried that and even found out that you additionally can make use of the Azure dynamic groups feature to create exclusion rules. Seems to be working thus far.

FlorianHein_0-1652954195573.png

View solution in original post