Organization Calendar in Teams

Copper Contributor

My organization just started using Teams. We have an office wide calendar, each department may or may not have calendar, and we have our personal calendars. We would like to create a calendar that all employees can access to see who is in or out of the office, and for employees be able to add things to their department's calendar and personal calendar without adding events to multiple calendars.  Employees are having to make entries on several different calendars--one for the entire organization, their department, and their personal.  Is there a way that we can make one entry and have it show on the calendars we choose? For example, I want to add an event and choose that it shows up on my personal and department calendar, but not our organization calendar without having to make entires on different calendars.  Thank you for any help or suggestions that you can provide.

3 Replies
I don't see an easy way to have such a corporate Calendar without having to develop something or at a minimum add a SharePoint Online Calendar as a tab in an Org-Wide Team...how you currently have that corporate calendar?

@Juan Carlos González Martín, thank you for your help and response.  Right now it's an SharePoint online calendar.  We can use that, but what we want is not have to update that organization wide calendar, then update our department calendar, and then personal calendars individually.  If it was a way to update one calendar and have it populate other calendars, then that would be great. 

@tmmartin 

This is a long standing request for many of us. The calendar options in Sharepoint and Teams are lacking and confusing. They have been on the cusp of solving this for many years, but it is ..... soon.