Org-Wide Team members not receiving email.

Iron Contributor

I created a team for the entire company as a communications team and an email list. This email address is not distributing to anyone in the team. Where should I be checking the settings for this? 

I've confirmed "Team members will be automatically added and removed to reflect your active directory." is shown in the Team.  

In Exchange admin; I've confirmed this is a Group in Exchange with 105 members. Delivery management: Accept messages from: All senders. Privacy: Private. 

7 Replies

You can run a message trace in order to confirm whether messages are being properly delivered: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/security/office-365-security/message-trace-scc

Other than that, make sure that user are actually "subscribed" to the group, otherwise they will not receive the messages in their mailbox and can only access it by opening the Group mailbox in Outlook/OWA.

Thank you for the response. The trace says the message was delivered to the group.

How can I confirm if users are subscribed, or, how can I subscribe them on their behalf? I thought the point of the Org-Wide setting was to add all domain users to the Team / Group. And, I thought anyone in the Team would get the email.

I have 6 other Teams which I use for email and those seem to work fine. The only difference is that I manually added users to those Teams while with the company Team I just changed it from a Public Team to an Or-Wide Team and let Teams manage the users.

I found a topic elsewhere (below) that suggests managing the group in Exchange. I'm not finding this 'group' in the Exchange Group list in order to proceed with that instruction set.
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_outlook-mso_win10-mso_o365b/how-to-subsc...

@Anthony-123 Org-wide teams are intended for... wait for it... Teams communication :) And overall email communication via Teams is sub-par, for such purposes best stick to good old Exchange DGs/Dynamic DGs or the "modern" Dynamic Office 365 Groups. For the latter scenario, you will still have the same issue with "subscribers". You can manage some aspects of it centrally, but Calendar subscription options for example cannot be configured on behalf of users.

”but Calendar subscription options for example cannot be configured on behalf of users.”

You’re saying ’addlink subscribers’ doesn’t work? Can’t test, parental leave :)

"subscribers" is different from "calendar subscribers" is what I meant.