SOLVED

Open DWG in team- in a shared One Drive folder on your computer (File Explorer) not in the browser

Copper Contributor

How do I set that when I share "Teams" - a DWG file located in the "One Drive" folder,
All chat members have access to the same "One Drive" folder installed on the PC,
They usually access DWG files and edit using DWG editing software
I want when the group is having a discussion about a DWG file - I want the file to be opened in "one drive" on a PC - not in a browser so that they can edit using local editing software
Is it possible?

1 Reply
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

Hi @Yakov_Avrahami_054 ,

That is not possible I am afraid. You would have to tell all users to sync the folder the file or files are in and get them to open the file from their local storage.  However as you have no co-authoring with DWG files, that causes more problems as the file is likely to become locked and users changes get overwritten.  You will probably be best turning on checkin/Checkout in the SharePoint document library the file is in to stop that issue.  Each user that wants to make changes would then check out the file, make their changes and check it back in. 

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

Hi @Yakov_Avrahami_054 ,

That is not possible I am afraid. You would have to tell all users to sync the folder the file or files are in and get them to open the file from their local storage.  However as you have no co-authoring with DWG files, that causes more problems as the file is likely to become locked and users changes get overwritten.  You will probably be best turning on checkin/Checkout in the SharePoint document library the file is in to stop that issue.  Each user that wants to make changes would then check out the file, make their changes and check it back in. 

View solution in original post