only ppt documents are allowed to be screen shared from browse

Copper Contributor

I tried to screen share documents from the browse in Microsoft team, unfortunately, it allows only PowerPoint documents.

3 Replies
Hi,

PowerPoint is a special option and allows for participants to scroll on ahead in a slide deck if you allow. Or just so you don't have to leave the confines of the meeting.

For other common office doc types. I would just have everyone open it in situ and providing it is stored in Teams/SharePoint you could just talk whilst all co authoring.

Or choose the Desktop or Window option and just have it open or have selected say Word or Excel for your window choice.

Thanks

Henry

@HenryPhillipsNimbitech 

Thank you Henry 

When I share documents and I want to see myself on the screen as well. It turns out this is possible only if I open the document from browse, but only ppt can be open, this is true even if I browse one drive or browse teams and channels (here there is a restriction too, only the folder general is accessed, not assignment class materials etc.

Hi,

Just had a thought, with the new meeting experience where it pops out in another window. If you had multiple screens, you could share your desktop with the doc you wanted to share open and have the meeting where you could see yourself on the other screen.

You could do a similar thing with windows and snap to the right and left but not sure if the window would then show have size for participants, would have to test.

Thanks

Henry