SOLVED

One meeting, everyone joins, apart from one, who person,who joins a meeting on their own!!

Brass Contributor

The strangest thing happened (twice now). We had a meeting scheduled, at the allotted time everyone joined the meeting like normal, except one person. 

That one person gets no notification that the meeting has been been started. When selecting it from their calendar, no-one is listed as having joined the meeting. If they themselves click join, they end up in a meeting all on their own. And all the while everyone else is in the meeting as per normal, wondering where this last person is. 

Restarting Teams makes no difference. 

This has happened twice now, once to me, and once to another member of my team, different meetings on different days with different people.

Is this a Bug / feature / something else? Either way it's a pain, and it's disruptive.

2 Replies
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

@IGGtx Hi there, that's not expected. One thing to check--does the meeting link the affected user is clicking match the link the rest of the folks are clicking? Validate side by side is the best way. That will help understand what's going on here. It doesn't sound like there is copying and pasting of the meeting coordinates... can you confirm that's not the case?

@Emily KirbyAs far as I know everyone joins the meeting  the same way I do. Open the calendar in Teams, click on the meeting, click Join. It's also a recurring meeting, which was fine previously, and has been fine since.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

@IGGtx Hi there, that's not expected. One thing to check--does the meeting link the affected user is clicking match the link the rest of the folks are clicking? Validate side by side is the best way. That will help understand what's going on here. It doesn't sound like there is copying and pasting of the meeting coordinates... can you confirm that's not the case?

View solution in original post