SOLVED

Old Chats not retrievable once switched user to Meeting and collaboration mode from Island Mode

Copper Contributor

Hi Support,

for curiosity asking why MS teams did not show old chat history for users switched to meeting and collaboration mode, i understand this is default that user can use only meeting and collaboration thing in this mode however  if user earlier was in Island mode and as per rollout plan we want to move them to Teams slowly with first collaboration and meeting mode and next phase will be teams only, in this condition users making a noise for their old chat history, why MS can not offer at least readable copy of chat history.

Please guide if there is any way for this to work.

Best,

Vikas

5 Replies
Hi,

See here

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/upgrade-and-coexistence-of-skypeforbusiness-and-team...

In SfB with Teams Collaboration and Meeting - or what is referred to as Meetings first mode - chat isn’t stored in Teams it still uses SfB for chat which is non persistent

Hope that answers your question!

Best, Chris

@Christopher Hoard Thanks for your input Yes , we know this , my question is if user switched to M&C mode it must be able to read its old chats, for files we know its available in user one drive, but chats not there, so just want to know if there is any workaround to find old chats by end users who was earlier using full Teams and then switched to M&C mode.

best response confirmed by vbhadauria (Copper Contributor)
Solution
It’s going back to Islands or going Teams only here. In SfB meetings first chat isn’t visible in Teams at all.

If it’s possible and the users needs it I would recommend shifting to Teams only for that user. Teams is persistent so the previous period of being in Islands should still be accessible

Hope that answers your question

Best, Chris
Ok Got this,means shifting them back only the option for now.

Thanks,
Vikas
The history will be there when chat tab shows back up, but honestly, if you search in the search bar, I believe you might still be able to access some chat content still that way as well.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by vbhadauria (Copper Contributor)
Solution
It’s going back to Islands or going Teams only here. In SfB meetings first chat isn’t visible in Teams at all.

If it’s possible and the users needs it I would recommend shifting to Teams only for that user. Teams is persistent so the previous period of being in Islands should still be accessible

Hope that answers your question

Best, Chris

View solution in original post