Office 365 App launcher in Teams different to other apps?

Iron Contributor

I'm seeking information from the community about what  users in their tenants can see when they select the Office 365 nine square grid ( aka the Waffle) that is the first object in the Office 365 bar from the web version of Teams.

In my tenant it is limited to other Office 365 apps, which is a different experience to what displays when a user selects the Waffle from, say Yammer or SharePoint. To illustrate I've attached a couple of screen shots.

I haven't been able to find any info in Microsoft doco about what users should be able to see so I was hoping others could confirm whether their users  have the same experience or something different.  

IMHO, the experience should be exactly the same no matter what Office 365 App the user accesses the Waffle. 

However my IT Admins have locked down various things across our Apps, so that could be the explanation for the difference and I'm trying to determine that before I send off a formal question to Microsoft.

4 Replies

@Jenny Bruce We have the same thing in our tenant. I have noticed it with other Office365 web apps. It seems to limit to the standard Microsoft applications and no longer show our single sign-on and custom app links. I don't know if this is a configuration issue though.

Yup, we go over this with pretty much every new app/service released in O365. It's not until customers start complaining that the corresponding folks at Microsoft "discover" the waffle...

@Vasil Michev 

Thanks also for confirming