SOLVED

Off Hook Status

Copper Contributor

I know there is a piece of hardware that can show when a Teams user is off hook. But is there anyway to see if a user is off hook if I am in a different location? I want to be selective in transferring to an individual if the they are already on the phone. 

8 Replies

@Michael Hayward 

Their presence status colour? 

@Steven Collier 

Good thought...I know that presence indicator notes when they are Busy, Free, Away. But is there a different color/status that would note they are on the phone versus Busy status applied when in a calendar meeting?

best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

@Michael Hayward not in colour. all red but the status text would be 'in a call' or 'in a meeting' or 'busy'.

I gotcha...the user would have to go in and manually update their status to being on the phone. No way to have status 'automatically' change and display when off hook?
@Steven Collier

I gotcha...the user would have to go in and manually update their status to being on the phone. No way to have status 'automatically' change and display when off hook?
Not really. If the user is red, that should indicate that they are busy and not able to generally accept a call. They could be in a Teams conference, they could be in a call. They could be in a conference room in an office. In none of these cases would I expect to receive an unsupervised transfer of a call.
I appreciate all of the replies up to this point...the crux of the issue is when during the course of a day someone picks up their phone and talks with a client for 30 minutes. During this 30 minutes, there is no calendar appointment that would change their status to Busy and they appear available. Does Teams 'automatically' change their status to 'Busy' when they pick up the phone or is there a way to make this happen?

@Michael Hayward Yes, Teams will automatically change their presence colour to red and their status text to 'In a Call' or 'In a meeting' if they are doing either of those things.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

@Michael Hayward not in colour. all red but the status text would be 'in a call' or 'in a meeting' or 'busy'.

View solution in original post