Notify Teams Channel when Channel's Planner has new Task and Notify the member assigned

Copper Contributor

Hi! I've been playing around with our MS Teams lately. I created a Planner and I have 2 things I want to accomplish

1. I would like to notify the channel whenever there's a new task added into a planner (planners inside that channe)

2. I would like the member to receive notification (either in Teams chat, or Teams current channel, or email) if a task is assigned to him/her.

So what I've done so far? I'm currently playing around the Flow but based on my research. Every member must have this flow (haven't tried it) but I'm looking for another solution.

4 Replies
Users should be notified by default in Teams and mail when they are assigned a task! Also it’s enough if you create a flow yourself and have access to the team or set up a service account that has, then create it to send a teams message in the preferred channel when a new task is created! Just did this myself! Took 2 minutes

@adam deltinger 

Yes, "Users should be notified by default in Teams and mail when they are assigned a task!" that's the default behavior I'm expecting but it's not. Only the assignee will be notified via email for that task. If I create a task to a Channel's Planner A, Planner B all members should be notified via channel post (regardless if the task is assigned or unassigned) and that's what I'm looking for.

Screen Shot 2020-04-23 at 5.47.41 PM.png

And about the Flow, as I mentioned I am working on that and it's working. The only thing I want to is remove (my name) from the footer note

This task was created by me

Screen Shot 2020-04-23 at 5.35.00 PM.png

This task was created by a member (see it uses my name in the footer)

Screen Shot 2020-04-23 at 5.41.47 PM.png

I believe these notifications may be temporarily disabled..they will start working again!

Regarding your name, you’ll need to create a new connection in the flow and add another account there, preferably a service account so you aren’t the one running the flow
I have seen notifications in Teams working on some tenants but not in others