SOLVED

Notifications still broken

Copper Contributor

Our engineering department moved to Teams to communicate.

The lack of response has bothered the team members. After asking why this occurred it became clear that the notifications just plainly were not working.

The notifications only work when someone was mentioned or the OP would receive a notification if someone replied to their message.

I searched around and found out that the default behavior of Teams is set up this way. Since then I changed the notifications to "Banner and feed" for all new posts and checked the checkbox "Include all replies".

Still not working...

I searched more and found out that this option was not there in 2016. Then they implemented the option to follow a channel. I searched for the option only to give up. Apparently it has been replaced by the channel notifications (which are broken).

Spoiler
Off topic note: Under notification options under settings there is a setting for followed channels. This feature is removed so why is it still there?

I checked all notification options and made sure they are set to banner and feed notifications but I and my colleagues still do not receive notifications. This is frustrating since it impacts work.

I am on Windows 10 build 18363.719 my MS Teams is version 1.3.00.4461.

2 Replies
best response confirmed by OnnoS2020 (Copper Contributor)
Solution
That's unexpected and I can confirm that notification work as expected for me. I suggest to open a support ticket so Microsoft Engineers can investigate what particular issues you might be facing

@Juan Carlos González Martín Thank you for the advice. How would I go about making a ticket? I can only find FAQ's and this forum.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by OnnoS2020 (Copper Contributor)
Solution
That's unexpected and I can confirm that notification work as expected for me. I suggest to open a support ticket so Microsoft Engineers can investigate what particular issues you might be facing

View solution in original post