Notifications Issue

Copper Contributor

One user has reported that no one appears to receive any notifications when she posts - I've tested this alongside my account (admin) and noticed the contrast in how our copies of teams behaves. When I message her privately she will receive a banner pop up (windows notification at bottom right) as well as her chat icon will be highlighted with a red 1 to show she has received a direct message. When the situations are flipped I receive (and other users) no such notification - in fact initially the user did not appear in my private chat list at all (after they first sent a message) and I only saw their message when I attempted to open a new chat to message them directly.

After some further testing I was eventually receiving banner notifications but still no notifications within the app itself. 

The user's Teams client is up to date.

1 Reply
Hi @ash878787

Ok - a few questions

1.) What happens when she does this from the web app as opposed to the desktop app (https://teams.microsoft.com) - any change?
2.) Do you get the correct notifications with all other users who do the same? So not you specifically, but someone else or a few others in the office/organisation

Sounds like there is an issue with the user. I would be tempted to raise a ticket to support on this particular one.

Best, Chris